Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Postback in FF

Hi All,

I have used ajaxcontrol toolkit in my application.
I have also implemented autosuggest list using classic XMLHTTP.
when I type search keyword in textbox it populates list , from list when I select record and hit enter key entire page is postback.

Please help me for same.

Hi Mukseshzala,

Based on your description, I think you should better use AutomComplelte control + WebService. Just like ths. You can get the whole source code from Ajax ControlToolkit Control.

Mukeshzala:

when I type search keyword in textbox it populates list , from list when I select record and hit enter key entire page is postback.

Please add this to your page , the onItemSelected function will be fired when click on the items.

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
function pageLoad(){
$find("AutoCompleteEx").add_itemSelected(onItemSelected);
}
function onItemSelected(sender,eventArgs){
alert(sender.get_element().id);
}
</script>

I hope this help.

Best regards,

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment