Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Prefixtag "ajaxtoolkit" versus "cc1"...? all questions, no answers....

I've searched google, ask and yahoo. I've searched this forum and 3 other forums. Everyone has quesitons but no answers:

When I drag-drop a control from AJAX Toolkit, I want the tag prefix of "<ajaxtoolkit:" instead of "<cc1:" and also that the "Register" stuff NOT be shoved onto the top area of my page.

How does one get the AJAX Toolkit to show up in the IntelliSense as AJAXToolKit?

How does one get the AJAX Toolkit reg'd in to the project such that the REGISTER doesn't get added to every page (yes, I've added the AjaxControlToolkit.dll to my BIN folder and also added a reference to it?

After looking high and low, a clue as to where in the middle I may be missing the answer, thank you.

Brad Canton

you can set this from the config I believe. I may be wrong but its worth looking at. Otherwise check your Machine.config, it's a setting.
<system.web>
<pages>
<controls>
<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</controls>
</pages>

As for it being at the TOP...I think it has to be. It needs to be there and probably needs to be before any usage so it's instantiated properly.


Put this in your web.config under the <controls> section

<addtagPrefix="ajaxtoolkit"namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"assembly="AjaxControlToolKit"/>

No comments:

Post a Comment