Saturday, March 24, 2012

Problem after upgrading from November 06 release to January 07 release.

I have a web site that was working beautifully with the November 06 release. I then upgraded to the January 07 release, and for the most part, everything is working as expected, with 1 exception.

I have a custom composite control which is basically a custom gridview that has a textbox column added at the end. The TextBox has a MaskedEditExtender. Both the TextBox and MaskedEditExtender are within an UpdatePanel. The GridView is also in an UpdatePanel. The idea is to have the GridView do paging via AJAX, and the TextBox update a shopping cart control with quantity without refreshing the whole GridView. The shopping cart is also contained in an UpdatePanel to reflect the new item added without a refresh.

First time the page loads, everything works correctly. If I then go to a different page of data, then enter a quantity in the textbox column for an item, I get the following javascript error:

Sys.InvalidOperationException: Handler was not added through the Sys.UI.DomEvent.addHandler method

I have confirmed that the TextBox's TextChanged event is indeed getting fired, but it dies with the above error at some point after that.

I am at a complete loss as to how to track down this problem. I would post my code, but there are several hundred lines of it for both the control and the page, and I didn't think it would be a good idea to try.

I would REALLY appreciate any help or suggestions on how to fix this, or at least, locate the source of the problem.

Thanks,

Alex

Just some additional info. As a test, I set EnablePartialRendering = "false" for my ScriptManager, and the site works properly without errors (but, of course, it now does a full postback).

No comments:

Post a Comment