Saturday, March 24, 2012

Problem building the TemplateVSI project

I am attempting to build the TemplateVSI project in the AjaxControlToolkit solution. When I try I get this error:

Error 1 The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\randyd\Local Settings\Temp\tmp1E.tmp' because it is being used by another process. C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\AJAX Control Toolkit\TemplateVSI\TemplateVSI.csproj 52 5 TemplateVSI

I can not find reference to this error relating to the TemplateVSI project anywhere.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Randy DeForest

Hi Rdeforest,

Have you installed the Ajax Control Toolkit template yet? Based on my experience, I think that you should restart your system and have a test. If your problem still cannot been resolved, we suggest that you should reinstall your Ajax Control Toolkit template by following the tutorial: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-76.aspx .

Best Regards,

Jonathan


Thank you for the response.

I have un-installed and re-installed the AJAX Extensions. I get the same error when attempting to build the TemplateVSI, as instructed in the video.

I do not understand what you mean by the AJAX Control Toolkit template. Please explain. Also, the link you posted is to another, unrelated, post.

Thanks again for your response.

Randy


Hi Rdeforest,

Here is video tutorial for insatll Ajax Control Toolkit Template: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-76.aspx

For get started with ASP.NET AJAX, please visit: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-75.aspx

For more video tutorial, please visit: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/ Embarrassed

Best Regards,

Jonathan


Jonathan,

As stated, I followed the instruction on the video. I was still unable to complete the build.

I re-installed VS2005 Team Suite and still received the same error.

I was able to get a copy of a previous version of the Control Toolkit, and it compelted the build without any issues.

Thanks for you help.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment